i-EM for microgrid
Efficiently manage urban and rural microgrids
From siting to end-user services, our suite of software and app allows to efficiently manage a microgrid project both in urban and rural areas of developing countries. The services, effectively exploiting EO satellites and SatCom links, provide enhanced microgrid integrated services for strategic site selection, optimal design, and management of O&M.
Digitization and application of digital service
Introduction of AI and data analytics for social purposes
Exploitation of satellite asset, such as EO and SatCom
App & seb ppp for rural microgrid services
This service can identify the sites with potential need for microgrid, by defining load needs, exploiting Earth observation satellite images and taking into account the support of the specific rural area development.
- Satellite imagery (EO) classification to identify:
- rural urban areas
- agricultural activities
- forest coverage
- Load assessment considering:
- anchor tenants and/or anchor loads
- agriculture and food facilities, health centers, etc.
- required energy quantity and quality
- expectation of changes over time
- Strategic planning with the site identification
- Site feasibility index
- Renewable energy assessment: solar, hydro and biomass (e.g. forest) resources
- Microgrid sizing and design with the best components choice
- Simulation of microgrid behavior and best configuration identification
- Service enabled: tele-education, tele-medicine, smart payment, priority booking
- Microgrid tailored-design report
- Microgrid feasibility index
- Technical design
This service can identify the best microgrid design, taking into account the local energy sources availability (exploiting EO images) and the sustainability, scalability and stability of the microgrid which is expected to be created.
This service can manage and monitor the microgrid, in terms of load balancing, black-out prevention and control, microgrid components fault detection and prediction, also supporting a sustainable maintenance strategy.
- Real-time monitoring
- Predictive maintenance
- Energy Management real-time System (EMS)
- Energy management forecasting
- Load forecasting
- Extreme weather forecasting
- Energy thief detection
- Information for O&M activities
- Payment service:
- Energy awareness services:
- community leasing
- O&M training
- Mobile and smartphone application
MicrO reneWable Grid for ruraL Indian areas
The MOWGLI project, made along with ESA, is a satellite-based solution that provides a set of services for optimal microgrid planning, designing operations and O&M applications, both in urban and rural areas of developing countries, with a particular focus on India use case.
Ollague (Chile): hybrid plant management challenge
Innovation and sustainability even under extreme conditions: PV and wind power and storage, microgrid optimization and management exploiting big data analytics.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Write directly to us and we will find together the best solution to meet your needs